Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Remember To Live

Lately I have found myself sitting here in this hospital bed at RUH thinking about what it looks like to really live. I sit here and wonder what it would be like and if I will ever be able to really live. As I think about this I am struck with fear, sadness and resentment. I close my eyes and wish that I could wake up from this nightmare leaving all of the pain, suffering and confusion behind to fade away like a dream. As I continue to think about this the more I realize that so many of us, myself included go through life wanting everything to be perfect and there is nothing wrong with striving for things to be better but we so often get so caught up in wishing life was better that it ends up passing us by and we have nothing to show for it. Even though life can be insanely hard and frustrating at times I believe that I just have to hang onto God and go with it while trusting that he has the best planned out for me. I don’t want to be someone that sits waiting for that perfect moment to really live. I need to remind myself that pain and hardship can never take away the amazing gifts of love, passion, friendship and community that God has given us. Even though we live in an imperfect and broken world we can stand up and decide that this is our time to live and not allow the hardships that come with life stand in our way.

Remember to live.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment